Wednesday, May 18, 2011

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean & Silver Shatter

So I got these Pirates of the Caribbean nail polishes a little while ago but decided to hold off on wearing/writing about them. I know that they've been out for a while but I figured it was more appropriate to wear/write now that the movie is actually about to come out (this coming Friday). But anyways, I love them with the silver shatter! The little package that I got came with four of the six POTC colors that OPI offers, and they're all great colors for spring/summer.

I got Skull & Crossbones, Planks a Lot, Sparrow Me the Drama and Stranger Tides. I was actually a little disappointed because the two colors that I was really interested in - Steady as She Rose and Mermaid's Tears - weren't included in the bundle, but ultimately I decided I would rather try out more of the colors.
The silver shatter showed up the best on the purple shade, Planks a Lot. But the colors that I liked best were the pink, Sparrow Me the Drama, and the pale green, Stranger Tides. The gray-ish hue also looked nice, but overall it just didn't stand out that much and usually I like my polishes to stand out.
Sorry the picture above is a little blurry! But I wanted to attempt to show how each polish looked. Here are some more pictures of how they turned out, I have the silver shatter on top of each color. Ultimately I ended up painting both hands the Stranger Tides shade with the silver shatter over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment